You might think that stomach aches, upsets and related symptoms are a common reason for staff been absent from work. In fact, you may even be suspicious of anyone who regularly complains of gastro issues.read more
When it comes to identifying health issues, is your company absence record more valuable than your GP’s notes?
If you look back on all your work absences, how many of those times did you visit your GP?
My guess is, on average, less than 50%.
Matthew Scrimshire, Business Development Manager and absence expert at FirstCare, explains why.read more
- Trained nurses are on call 24/7.
- “Code Red” is an urgent call.
- Red Flags are identified during a triage assessment and signals health concern.
- Other advice reduces absence levels.
- Speedier returns to work.
- Staff morale gains boost.
- Absence is responsible for huge losses to workforce efficiency.
- Many construction businesses aren’t aware of the extent of the problem.
Despite recent boosts – thanks to large infrastructure projects and new transport links – productivity is a serious issue for the construction sector.read more
We're launching two initiatives in the next two weeks which will change the way you think about absence at work and how to manage it (both also being revealed at the Health and Wellbeing at Work Show 7-8 March).read more
President Obama has pledged to work with Donald Trump’s team to help them adapt to life in the White House, fast. And when your employees return to work after a period of short or long term absence, you have a responsibility to make the path as smooth as possible for them.read more